Thursday 14 April 2011

Medication, health and nutrition


My friend and I have been researching about the medication that I am taking now.  I have a hard time with the medication as they make me sleepy and weak at times.  I am taking Olanzapine (for the mind), Carbimazole and Propanolol for my hyperthyrodism.  I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder by IMH and i have an overactive thyroid that produces excessive thyroid hormones.  Thyroid hormones actually control and regulate the metabolism of the human body.  What concerns me most is the drug interaction of the abovementioned medicines, how long must I depend on them and the nutrients that I am lacking.  Through the research, I know more about the functions of the medicines to the body, the side effects, their half-life and other important information about them.  Now, I am more aware of proper nutrition as it affects the development of the whole body system.  Thanks to my friend, he has instilled the awareness of the importance of health in me.  I hope I can improve my health and be committed to eat healthy food and to resume exercise.

12 comments:

  1. thats a whole load of medicine!! apparently not all meds work for everyone..different ppl different needs..and you must notice the side effects, whether the progress and improvement is worth it.Oh well just be like me a guinea pig whom experimented with many different types before settling for my current meds :)..I just hope we do not depend on meds for the rest of our lifetime. Once more stable, I will stop taking meds, to see whther I can function without it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. how are you doing recently?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noel,

    I have been doing some housework, settled some family matters and researched on my illnesses. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how have you been? any progress with job finding so far?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Noel,

    All praises to God, i'm good :) .. i plan to seek job after the fasting month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Malina any updates so far with jobclub??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still waiting, thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Malina,
    Understand U are a pioneer trainee from OT Admin. I m a 4 month trainee organizing the next get-together at SAFRA Tampines . Write to me albertlamck@gmail.com if you are interested... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Malina,
    Hope you are doing fine! And hope to see you in our next outing :)

    Pris.

    ReplyDelete